Bristol, UK, 21st July 2022, ZEXPRWIRE, Entrepreneurs looking to develop new products to enter the market need specialist support.
Not only in creating the product prototyping but critically in helping shape the product DNA.
FLYNN are product designers with two decades of experience working with start up and establish brands. FLYNN will help you answer the question of how to get your prototype made and cover off some of the process involved.
STEPS to get your successful product to market
- Assess the problem with an expert. Often you have not fully understood the problem which leaves opportunity on the table.
- Work with product designers like FLYNN to first check the solution you might have on the table and allow it to go through a robust shakedown. If it falls at the first hurdle, you have saved yourself time and money.
- Establish a working brief to solve the problem once identified.
- FLYNN will create product development concepts for review.
- FLYNN will develop CAD based virtual prototypes to save time and your budget. This allows us to fine tune a prototype before we enter physical prototyping.
- We would then offer you physical prototyping to bring your product idea into reality. We offer a multitude of techniques from CNC milling of plastics and metals, through 3D printing and RIM or VAC Casting to create mimics of a final moulding for example.
3D printing could include FDM printing like desktop printing, or more advanced techniques such as Multi Jet Fusion by Hewlett Packard.
CNC milling removes material from a solid block, working from the CAD model in a CAD -CAM process. This allows us to produce a high tolerance model of the item using end materials such as plastics or metals.
Casting techniques like RIM and Vacuum casting, offer a high degree of visual fidelity with a final product. In many cases we VAC cast product prototypes to give our clients the ability to take the product to buyers in advance of them having gone to full production tooling. In some cases this gives the opportunity for short run manufacture, where the prototype IS the final product. Some well known car brands have manufactured car grilles this way in the first batch of production.
FLYNN are second to none on quality and expertise when it comes to product development and prototyping. If you are looking to prototype as part of a product development project reach out, we would love to know more.
Chris Flynn, Founder and MD, Flynn Product Design:
“Over the past two decades we have developed products that have now sold in the millions of units. This is in large part due to our philosophy of designing products the right way”