Doctors in Nigeria under the aegis of National Association of Government General Medical and Dental Practitioners NAGGMDP has advised the National Judicial Council and other relevant bodies to urgently address the various concerns of the masses by streamlining the carriage of justice by judicial office holders across board.
The Association was contained in a communique issued at the end of its National Executive Council NEC Meeting held at Osogbo in Osun State, the western part of Nigeria and signed by its Deputy Secretary General, Dr Anas Alhaji Idris. The health workers said their advice followed the worrying concern about the conduct of some judicial officers and the increasing public distrust on the judiciary in recent times. They said streamlining the carriage of justice by the judicial office holders is urgently needed to renew public trust in the judiciary. The NEC which was presided by the National President of the Association, Dr Sofiri Peterside was themed “work related hazards among doctors, ” A neglected cause of morbidity and mortality” time to speak out. They also said it is worrisome that some States Government effect promotions without the consequential financial implementations and are yet to pay attention to the welfare issues of their members in the affected States despite serious commitments and advocacy visits by the leadership of the association. The Association however proposed a Generalists Allowance for General duty Doctors and a need to presents it to the Federal Government for implementation in order to appreciate the herculean role played by their members. The NEC meeting was preceded by a number of community service, social and advocacy activities.
Below are the Association`s resolution during its November 2023 National Executive Council NEC Meeting.
1. The NEC commended the efforts of some state Government who have domesticated payment of Medical Residency Training Fund to resident Doctors under the employ of state Government, Skipping, Hazard Allowance and payment of subsidy removal palliation funds while encouraging other State Government to oblige in order to mitigate the ongoing brain drain and reduce the inflicting economic hardship.
2. The NEC acknowledged, commended and appreciated the Pioneer President Dr Adetoki Adekunle for presenting the Book titled ‘’HISTORY OF NAGGMDP’’. NEC also resolved that the book will be officially launch during the next NAGGMDP NEC Meeting at Ekiti state.
3. The NEC directed her NOC to resubmit Generalist Allowance proposal to the flow of next NMA NEC meeting to be submitted to the Federal Government for implementation in order to bridge the existing gap between Specialists and General Practitioners.
4. The NEC upheld the need to set up a befitting National Secretariat in Abuja for the Association while exploring numerous means of raising funds to meet this need.
5. The NEC congratulated one of our devoted member Dr Onojaeme Joseph of his recent well-deserved appointment by His Excellency the Executive Governor of Delta State as the Honourable Commissioner for Health in Delta State.
6. The NEC urged and directed her NOC to write letters of commendations to the Governors of kwara, Oyo, Ondo, Osun, Delta and Ekiti for being Doctors friendly. NEC also directed her NOC to write a letter of congratulation to Dr Bello of his recent appointment as the DG HMB FCT Abuja and Dr Onojaeme Joseph of his recent and well-deserved appointment as the Honourable Commissioner for Health in Delta State.
7. The NEC implored all her members appointed at different levels of Government to be good ambassadors of the association and to use their good offices in uplifting the Association and country at large.
8. NEC decried the recent wavering instances by the judiciary and humbly advised the National Judicial Council and other relevant bodies to urgently address the various concerns of the masses by streamlining the carriage of justice by judicial office holders across board, as this is urgently needed to renew public trust in the judiciary.
9. The NEC condoled the families of all Doctors that passed away and prayed that the departed souls rest in eternal peace.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Binary News Network and this site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you are affiliated with this page and would like it removed please contact [email protected]